gapilot vans RV7 quick build kit
My Great Lakes 2T-1A-2 Rebuild Diary 2007.

19/25-October-2007. Working on the centre section mod, fitted front ribs.

Here is my progress:

Slightly out of focus picture but here are my new and old ribs.
I fitted all the original ribs first, then replace them one at a time with the new ribs.
These are the original rib to leading edge holes.
Some of the ribs have different size holes - 3/32" & 1/8". This may be from previous 'work'. I will do some more research.
My centre section looking more complete now..
I drew a line along the centre of th enew ribs, then pulled into line - before drilling holes. Yes I have noticed this was not quite in line. I did adjust it before drilling the hole!
Leading edge with new ribs fitted.
These are the over tank fabric ribs. There would be the same under the tank, but I have replaced them with the ply modification.
First over tank rib - I am going to rivet some of the ribs in place before drilling these.
Over tank rib to rear rib. As you can see the stress from the over tank rib is held by the rear rib and not by the rear spar. Same on the front spar.
The front rib again supports the over tank rib - just a flimsy ali rib. No wonder the old ones broke.
  Copyright © 2007 GreatLakes2T All rights reserved. All pictures are property of GreatLakes2T (unless noted) please do not reproduce. For more information contact webmaster [at] greatlakes2t This site is NOT the official Great Lakes Inc site. The contents of this site are the opinion of the author, not PFA, FAA or CAA. Please check all information is correct before you act upon it.