My Great Lakes 2T-1A-2 Rebuild Diary 2010.

December - 2010. Firewall.
A big month on the Great Lakes project as I refit the engine. I also made some new wheel spat mounts.

Engine ready to go back on. I have had the engine mount crack tested and repainted.
new battery box. I have replaced the Gill 25 battery with an Oddyssey P680.
The engine control rods were bent and had been replaced sometime so they were odd. I made new ones.
It's not very warm in my workshop in December.
Most of the firewall components have been replaced.
The EGT/CHT wiring has been organised to tidy up the engine bay.
Injection servo back on.
I replaced the breather pipe as the old one had lots of joints.
The wheel spat mount holes had been damaged. So I had some new ones made - water cut - from a thicker material.
Checking spat fitment. Which was good as I discovered I had fitted the brake caliper the wrong way round.
  Copyright © 2010 GreatLakes2T All rights reserved. All pictures are property of GreatLakes2T (unless noted) please do not reproduce. For more information contact webmaster [at] greatlakes2t This site is NOT the official Great Lakes Inc site. The contents of this site are the opinion of the author, not LAA, FAA or CAA. Please check all information is correct before you act upon it.